Your Black Hills PF Board/Banquet Committee recently got together for a liars session.....Oops! I mean a pheasant hunt! A hunt filled with some good shooting, a little camaraderie, and a whole lot of laughs between friends. A little PF business may have even been discussed a little along the way, but mostly just a time to relax and enjoy a common past time....pheasant hunting. Photo courtesy President Karl Castor.
Back row: Karl C. with dog Coala who is hiding, Jerry H. with yellow lab Charlie, and Jerry C. Front Row: Jerry S., Dave G. with dog Rocco, Troy S and dog Blue, Jeremiah & Mike P. with dog Major.
Our Black Hills Pheasants Forever is really fortunate to have members and sponsors that are very generous in opening their wallets during our annual banquet and fund-raising event every September.
Have you ever wondered just how the Board spends those unselfish dollars you contribute? Every dollar that is raised at the local level is decided at the local level where those funds go. Here is a snap shot at where your donations from outright donations to raffle tickets sales to auction fund go.
- Legal Action Fund ($5000/year) $75,000
- GPA Project - Oral, SD (spent over a 6 year period) 11,500
- GPA Project - Horsehead at Angustora Lake 6,500
- GPA Project - Hills Brothers at Angustora Lake 16,000
- Nesting Cover for Pheasants and Other Wildlife 23,000
- Shrubs and Woody Cover Projects 25,000
- Food Plot Seed: Average 25 different locations/year 27,500
- Scholarships: Youth Education and Awareness 18,000
- Riparian Projects 15,000
- Easement Habitat 2,000
- Game, Fish and Parks Outdoor Campus - West 5,000
- South Dakota Youth Hunting Adventures 29,500
- Public Hunting - Arthur and Tanya McIlravy Property 6,000
- Bob Marshall Wilderness Camp - Custer State Park 2,775
Words just can't express our gratitude for all the support our members (old and new alike!) graciously give us each and every year. We pay tribute to you and we salute you! Thank you!!!!